Monday, November 30, 2015

Rules of Thumb. For Aspie's...

Duh?? But I thought...

Just to clarify: These are for the Autistic to keep in mind.
The idea here is not to take these to all your NT friends and family and go,
"Okay, if you would only do this."

I don't know why they are called "rules of thumb" but that isn't important.

1. Would I want THAT said about ME? No? Okay then.
2. Did I SAY something that probably WOULD piss other people off? Yes? Okay then.
3. Is it okay to get a "Do Not Disturb" sign? Well, do you not want to be disturbed?
4. Quite possibly the three most important words ever: "That's too loud.". You think? Okay, lower your voice.
5. When you put A LOT of effort into something, do you like it when all you get is complaints? No? Really?
6. Does unnecessary information annoy you? Yes? Okay then.
7. Do I really need someone to let ME off the hook when I mess up? Yes? Sometimes without so much as an apology? Well, there ya go.
8. Don't you hate it when the person you're watching TV with keeps telling you what happens next? Yeah?
9. Do I hate it when people cut me off and finish my sentences for me? (Od course...my favorite thing is to give out information!)
10. Do you hate it when you're rushed, and can't have your turn at something? (Because your friend wants to say something now).
11. Does this list seem sarcastic and a bit...unkind? Really? I hadn't noticed...
12. Do you hate the excuses people use for not doing the right thing? Of course. Okay then. Behave yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your experiences with Asperger's Syndrome?