Monday, September 10, 2012

Obsessions

If all I do is get obsessed with things... How will I ever know who you are or that I love you? My life partner, my future love... Will I let you stick around for a time, because this is a fresh and new and wonderful taste... And for now, I can't get enough? But what happens? When the tide changes? When that shine starts to dull...and my trust begins to chip away like old paint?
Darling, it isn't you...I just don't know what I'll do, when the adrenaline begins to drain out.
This is terrible...I know. But that's my point. What will I do if I can only become obsessed?
Eventually, obsessions have to stop, don,t they? You see?
So, how would I know...how can I ever say?
My passion just explodes like a bottle rocket... And there we are... That's all I can talk about... But never forever.
Eventually (whether I like it or not) everything fizzles out. I must go on to something new and wait for the rush to come again.
It's not shallow...I'm afraid it's all I know.
I never want to give you up my dear"... NEVER.
Please know that whatever happens.
But if all I do is get obsessed with things, how will I know who you are... Or that I love you?
My life partner.
You are not an obsession that can be replaced with another.
How well I know this... But what can I do?
To keep that fire burning? To relax when it's out? To just know that it will be lit again in time? (Always with you).
I've always believed I was so loyal and true...sending up my dreams of loving one man through everything.
What if I'm more like Peter?
He was told he would deny, by the savior himself.
With all the passion in the world, he said "No, Lord, it's not true...."
But it was... And Jesus knew. Poor Peter! He wept bitterly...I would too!
So I'm scared now... Would I do it too (To the one I love the most)?
Even though a stronger heart said "No way"?
In light of what I know now, how can I say that would never happen?
I don't know!
You can't be an obsession that will change at some point... Ware out...get old?
No, it can't be true"

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your experiences with Asperger's Syndrome?